Forgive me, but just let me ramble (a bit) ^0^

I guess my friends slash authors slash group members had posted everything related to the 3 plays we had done with Dr Nurul that I can't think of anything to add on so, I think I should just ramble a bit about the plays I have learn ( bear with me).

First is the tragic story of Othello. I enjoyed this play very much and make me ponder about the danger and the cruelty of jealousy. Yes, jealousy is a very powerful theme in this play and the most lethal poison ever found. I can't bear to see how scary and pathetic Othello had changed because of baseless jealousy. I screamed (in my mind) NO!NO!NO! when I saw Othello went into his epilepsy. I cannot believe how a fearless leader stoop down so low to be a murderer.

Second, is the Winter's Tale which is a comedy even though there are some sad scene in it. King Leontes was poisoned by jealousy he planted himself which blurred his judgment.  as the result, he lost his Queen, son, daughter, his best friend, his trusted minister and also lived in guilt and sadness. Although he was reunited with them except his son, it showed how dangerous jealousy is. The love between family and friends which I though to be strong were easily broken by jealousy. Jealousy tainted the trust between loved one and without trust it was easy to be swayed by irrational thinking.

The last play is Dr Faustus, where I witness what irrational desire  and thirst for power can bring a man down. Dr Faustus was a renown scholar at first but he became lost in his desire which clouded his judgment. What amused me is that, although Dr Faustus is supposedly a wise scholar, he is naive to trust the devil's promise. The devil, no matter how reserve it look is still a devil and it is the devil's duty to twist people around. So, Dr Faustus, really trust the deceiving devil with his soul. Whenever, Dr Faustus is unsure about his decision, the devil will tempted him with the beautiful goddess. It seemed that the goddess role in the play is the easiest because she didn't has any dialogue. She only came to tempt Dr Faustus and the other action was when she evilly laughed at the end. Maybe the only requirement to act as the goddess is to be beautiful and can laugh an evil laugh...LOL.

My conclusion, I enjoyed learning and watching all the plays. Thank you Dr Nurul for making me a fan of old plays.

0 comments:


up